Get A new crown created and set at Springville Dentistry IN ONE DAY
When Do You Need Dental Crowns?
There are many situations where dental crowns are a great solution, dentists recommend them to protect your natural teeth. Other times, your natural teeth are too worn down, broken, or chipped for a filling. Crowns are also often required for dental bridges, dental implants, and other procedures. Regardless of the reason, dental crowns can be extremely beneficial for a variety of patients and.
Benefits Of Dental Crowns
In addition to the above benefits, the process for dental crowns is appealing as well.
How Dental Crowns Work
- The dentist takes a digital scan of your tooth via X-rays
- You receive anesthesia to numb the tooth and surrounding gum tissue.
- The tooth is filed down (or built-up) to make room for the crown.
- Using putty, the dentist makes an impression of your tooth.
- The impression goes to a dental lab for manufacturing.
- You receive a temporary crown to protect your tooth until the permanent crown is ready.
- Once the permanent crown is ready, you visit the office again to remove your temporary crown and place your permanent one.
- You’re done!
Before & After Crowns
At Springville Dentistry we specialized in giving you the smile you dreamed was possible. Book today!