Get A new crown created and set at Springville Dentistry IN ONE DAY
When Do You Need Dental Crowns?
There are many situations where dental crowns are a great solution, dentists recommend them to protect your natural teeth. Other times, your natural teeth are too worn down, broken, or chipped for a filling. Crowns are also often required for dental bridges, dental implants, and other procedures. Regardless of the reason, dental crowns can be extremely beneficial for a variety of patients and.
Benefits Of Dental Crowns
In case you aren’t aware, a dental crown is basically a “cap” that covers the top of your tooth. Made from strong materials (usually porcelain, ceramic, or resin), crowns are crucial for protecting your teeth, but they also have other benefits. Here are some of them:
In addition to the above benefits, the process for dental crowns is appealing as well.
How Dental Crowns Work
If you’ve never gotten a dental crown before, you might not know what to expect. Generally, this is how the procedure looks:
- The dentist takes a digital scan of your tooth via X-rays
- You receive anesthesia to numb the tooth and surrounding gum tissue.
- The tooth is filed down (or built-up) to make room for the crown.
- Using putty, the dentist makes an impression of your tooth.
- The impression goes to a dental lab for manufacturing.
- You receive a temporary crown to protect your tooth until the permanent crown is ready.
- Once the permanent crown is ready, you visit the office again to remove your temporary crown and place your permanent one.
- You’re done!
Before & After Crowns
At Springville Dentistry we specialized in giving you the smile you dreamed was possible. Book today!